Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
And did those feet is a hymn to the tune of "Jerusalem". The music was written by C. Hubert H. Parry (1848 - 1918) in 1916. the lyrics are by William Blake (1757 - 1827). The hymn is particularly popular in England and is the anthem of British Women's Institute. It is often sung at English weddings.
|And Did Those Feet In Ancient Times - Inspirational Hymns|
- And did those feet in ancient time
- walk upon England’s mountains green?
- And was the holy Lamb of God
- on England’s pleasant pastures seen?
- And did the countenance divine
- shine forth upon our clouded hills?
- And was Jerusalem builded here
- among these dark Satanic Mills?
- Bring me my bow of burning gold!
- Bring me my arrows of desire!
- Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold!
- Bring me my chariot of fire!
- I will not cease from mental fight,
- nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
- till we have built Jerusalem
- In England’s green and pleasant Land.
Links and References