Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (July 2009)|
|Please help improve this article by expanding it. Further information might be found on the talk page. (July 2009)|
Amy K. Downey was born September 3, 1969. She is currently a professor at Arlington Baptist College, and the Founder, Director and Staff Missionary with Tzedakah Ministries. She also is a theologian, author and a leader in Messianic Judaism and Jewish Evangelism.
- Amy was born to Jack and Barbara Downey in Farmington, New Mexico.
- Amy Downey professed Jesus as her personal Savior (Messiah) at the age of eight in a small Baptist church in Lubbock, Texas, and became a believer in Yeshua (the Hebrew name for Jesus).
- At sixteen, Amy surrendered her life to full-time Christian service but had not surrendered to missions yet.
- When Amy turned twenty-eight, she followed the mission call on her life to reach the Jewish people that Jesus is the Jewish Messiah.
- Downey also worked and ministered with Chosen People Ministries prior to leading and staffing Tzedakah Ministries.
- She is a former member of Wedgwood Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas under Pastor Al Meredith. Through a series of providential, yet unusual, events she did not attend services on September 15, 1999 when Larry Gene Ashbrook murdered seven people and injured a further seven at a post-See You at the Pole rally, thus saving her life.
- She is currently a member at Heritage Baptist Church in Waxahachie, Texas.
Downey received high honors upon her completion at Jacksonville College (Texas) and graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Education from East Texas Baptist University, Marshall, Texas, December 1991. She continued her education earning a Bachelor of Science in Education degree from East Texas Baptist University. She also earned two Master's Degrees from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary: a Master of Arts in Communication (Thesis – The Spiritual Significance of Literature Created During or Resulting from a Period of Suffering, 1933-1945) and Master of Arts in Theology (Thesis – Paul’s Relationship to the Jewish People: An Analysis of 1 Thessalonians 2:13-16 and Romans 9:1-5).
Ms Downey had also continued her education with further work at Baptist Missionary Association Theological Seminary (1998) - Coursework in Grief Counseling and Evangelical Development Ministry Institute with specialized certification in Major Donor Education (2000) and Estate Planning (2001).
She is a professor at Arlington Baptist College (Arlington, Texas) and the author of Paul’s Relationship to the Jewish People: An Analysis of 1 Thessalonians 2:13-16 and Romans 9:1-5 (Emanuel University Press, 2007) along with numerous magazine articles.
- May 2003 to July 2008 – Administrative Assistant (D.Min. Program), Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas
- January 2003 to May 2003 – Director of Development, WisdomWorks Ministries, Irving, Texas
- January 2000 to November 2002 – Development/Stewardship Officer, Chosen People Ministries, New York, New York
- August 1997 to December 1998 – Spiritual Life Coordinator, Jacksonville College, Jacksonville, Texas
- January 1994 to December 1996 (also 1999) – Secretary/D.Min. Secretary, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas 
- Spring 2009 – Guest Lecturer on the topic “The Church and the Holocaust” for Dr. Todd Bradley’s Ministry in Jewish Contexts, Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, Texas (February 19)
- Fall 2007 and Spring 2008 – Adjunct Instructor at Arlington Baptist College, Arlington, Texas
- January 2004 to Present – Missionary/Speaker for Tzedakah Ministries, Fort Worth, Texas (www.tzedakahministries.org)
- Spring 2001 and Spring 2002 – Adjunct Instructor at New York School of the Bible, New York, New York
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Evangelical Missiological Society
- Lausanne Conference on Jewish Evangelism
"My heart has always been to see the salvation of the Jewish people. As the daughter of a Baptist minister, I have always understood that my salvation and my privilege of eternity with God has been because of a Jewish man named Jesus. How could I not want to see the Jewish people come to know Him as Messiah?" 
- Cultural Obstacles to Jewish Evangelism in Modern American Society, Evangelical Theological Society, 14 November 2001ef>
- Paul’s Relationship to the Jewish People. An Analysis of 1 Thessalonians '2:13'-16 and Romans 9:1-5 (Oradea: Emanuel University Press, 2007);
- Paul’s Relationship to the Jewish People. An Analysis of 1 Thessalonians '2:13'-16 and Romans 9:1-5, second edition (Oradea: Emanuel University Press, 2009)
- EVANGELISM AMONG RUSSIAN JEWS IN THE UNITED STATES, Lausanne Consultation on Jewish Evangelism North America, Atlanta Conference (March 13-15, 2000); Dr. Mitch Glaser, Boris Goldin, Amy K. Downey 
- Author index of Systematic theology: biblical, historical, and evangelical (v. 1) by James Leo Garrett
- “X + Gospel = World Evangelization: What is the Missing Component in Reaching the World for Jesus?” – Occasional Bulletin for the Evangelical Missiological Society (Spring 2009)
- Typist for James Leo Garrett’s Baptist Theology: A Four-Century Study (Mercer University Press, 2009)
- Paul’s Relationship to the Jewish People: An Analysis of 1 Thessalonians 2:13-16 and Romans 9:1-5 (Emanuel University Centre [Romania], 2009 Second Edition)
- Paul’s Relationship to the Jewish People: An Analysis of 1 Thessalonians 2:13-16 and Romans 9:1-5 (Emanuel University Centre [Romania], 2007)
- “Cultural Obstacles to Jewish Evangelism in Modern American Society” – Evangelical Theological Society (Colorado Springs, November 2001)
- “How to Introduce Your Jewish Friends to the Messiah – A Sunday School Lesson: Romans 1:16-17” – Chosen People Ministries (2001)
- Co-author of “Evangelism among Russian Jews in the United States,” Lausanne Conference on Jewish Evangelism – North America (March 13-15, 2000)
- Author Indexer for James Leo Garrett’s Systematic Theology: Biblical, Historical and Evangelical, vol. 2 (William B. Eerdmans, 1995)''
- Bi-Monthly Columnist of “Storm Shelters” – Baptist Progress (May 1997 to December 1998)
- “Gift of Holy Laughter – Fact or Fallacy? (part one and two)” – Baptist Progress (July 19 and July 26, 1995)
- “Why Does God Make Some Kids ‘Special’?” – Focus Magazine (May 1992)''
- ↑ www.tzedakahministries.org
- ↑ http://www.chosenpeople.com
- ↑ http://www.tzedakahministries.org
- ↑ www.wedgewoodbaptist.com
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 http://www.baptiststandard.com/1999/9_22/pages/gunman.html
- ↑ http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,31191,00.html
- ↑ http://www.pursuingchrist.org
- ↑ http://www.edmi.org
- ↑ Typist, author indexer, and general editing for Systematic Theology, vol. 2, by James Leo Garrett, Jr.
- ↑ Amy Downey Biography http://www.tzedakahministries.org/Tzedakah-Articles/About-Us/amy-downey-bio.html
- ↑ http://emsweb.org/bulletins/OB_Spring_2009_3.pdf
- ↑ http://submerging.reclaimingthemind.org/papers/ets/2001/Downey/Downey.pdf