Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Blessed Amadeus IX (February 1, 1435, Thonon-les-Bains – March 30, 1472), surnamed the Happy was the Duke of Savoy from 1465 to 1472. He was the son of Louis, Duke of Savoy and Anne de Lusignan, daughter of Janus of Cyprus, King of Cyprus.
The couple had 10 children:
- Luigi (1453)
- Anna (1455–1480), married Frederick IV of Naples (1452–1504), prince of Altamura
- Carlo (1456–1471), Prince of Piedmont
- Luisa (1462–1503)
- Filiberto (1465–1482), oldest surviving son
- Bernardo (1467)
- Carlo (1468–1490)
- James Louis (1470–1485), Count of Genevois, France
- Gian Claudio Galeazzo (1472)
- Maria (c.1455-1511) married Philip of Baden-Hochberg (1454-1503)
Amadeus IX was known for his charity and concern for the poor and was beatified in 1677. The Catholic Church venerates him with a liturgical feast on March 30.
|Ancestors of Amadeus IX, Duke of Savoy|
Amadeus IX, Duke of SavoyBorn: 1 February 1435 Died: 30 March 1472
|Duke of Savoy|
| Succeeded by|
|This biography of a French peer or noble is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This French history-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|