Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Adrian Cronauer (born September 8, 1938 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) is a former United States Air Force sergeant and radio personality best-known as the inspiration for the 1987 Robin Williams film Good Morning, Vietnam.
Background in radio
Cronauer began his broadcasting career at the age of 12, as a guest for a Pittsburgh-area children's amateur hour. He attended the University of Pittsburgh, where he helped found the forerunner of the university's college radio station WPTS.
Cronauer co-authored the original story for the film Good Morning, Vietnam, which was based on his experiences in the Vietnam War, where he served from 1965-1966. His program was known as the "Dawn Buster". A subsequent special program on National Public Radio about the role of the American Forces Vietnam Network (military radio and television) earned Cronauer a 1992 Ohio State Award and two 1991 Gold Medals from the New York Radio Festival.
Cronauer earned a master's degree in Media Studies from the New School for Social Research in New York City and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Pennsylvania. Cronauer's law practice concentrated in information and communications law. He was also the head of an advertising agency. Later he worked as a special assistant to the Director of the Defense Prisoner of War/Missing Personnel Office.
- ↑ The Real Life of Adrian Cronauer
- ↑ Adrian Cronauer: Air Force Radio Announcer in Vietnam at HistoryNet.com
- ↑ Famous and Prominent Mensans
- ↑ Film & History: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Film and Television Studies 34.1 (2004) 10-11
- ↑ ""Good Morning, Vietnam's" Adrian Cronauer speaks to reservists". United States Air Force. 2008-04-11. http://www.afrc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123093448. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
- ↑ Adrian Cronauer is Conference Speaker!