Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article expressess a personal opinion about a religion or a topic related to religion. Please be respectful in your talk page comments, even if you strongly disagree with the opinions expressed here. You can, of course, write another article about the same subject. Different opinions are welcome on Religion Wiki.
This is a list of commonly observed deceitful arguments by pro-abortionists, and their fallacies:
- Abortion advocates are pro-choice. IN FACT, abortion advocates oppose informed consent about the long-term harm from abortion.
- Abortion is pro-women. IN FACT, abortion advocates oppose regulations that require safer facilities and hospital admitting privileges for emergencies.
- Abortion saves money. IN FACT, most people make far more money than they spend, and eliminating a life is very costly economically.
- Abortion does not cause infertility. IN FACT, the abortion operation sometimes directly causes infertility; also fertility declines sharply with age and it is more difficult for a women to conceive at a future time, and abortion has led to 25% of girls (over 50% of sexually active girls) having sexually transmitted diseases that cause infertility.
- The National Cancer Institute says abortion does not cause breast cancer. IN FACT, that was only a 3-day flawed workshop with a pre-ordained political conclusion.
- The Harvard abortion study disproved harm from abortion. IN FACT, the study showed a sharp increase in the deadly progesterone receptor-negative (PR-) breast cancer.
- The Lancet abortion article disproved harm from abortion. IN FACT, the Lancet study showed that 33 out of 39 large studies of breast cancer patients had an increased risk of breast cancer from abortion beyond the effect of avoiding a pregnancy.
- Denying that childbirth is healthy. IN FACT, all scientists and studies agree that childbirth is highly preventive of cancer in women, and abortion destroys that benefit.
- Relying on biased media accounts of abortion studies. IN FACT, liberal media often distort the actual scientific findings.
- Treating a small study that denies harm as equivalent to a large study that indicates harm. IN FACT, studies showing harm are larger than those that deny it.
- Abortionists deny covering up child abuse. IN FACT, abortionists refuse to allow independent verification of the age of their girls operated on.
- Abortion clinics plead poverty to excuse deplorable conditions for women-patients. IN FACT, Planned Parenthood -- the nation's largest abortion provider -- enjoys an annual profit of over $50 million.
- Through censorship and bullying, create the false impression that most students support abortion. IN FACT, most students oppose abortion.
- Create the false impression that physicians support abortion. IN FACT, an abortion group's Residency Training Initiative (RTI) "requires all OB/GYN residents in the City's 11 public hospitals be trained in both medical and surgical abortion."
- ↑ For example, http://www.prochoice.org/
- ↑ http://www.afterabortion.info/PAR/V2/n2/INCONSNT.htm
- ↑ Essay:Rebuttal to LA Times Abortion Article
- ↑ An abortion clinic, led by the euphemistically named national "Center for Reproductive Rights," unsuccessfully sued to invalidate a Missouri law requiring the abortionist to have hospital admitting privileges within 30 miles to handle post-abortion emergencies. 
- ↑ "[A]bortion-rights supporters tempt black women into abortion by suggesting they can’t afford to raise the child." .
- ↑ As of 2005, the average American household had a net worth in excess of $400,000, which does not even include taxes paid. 
- ↑ http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_infe.htm
- ↑ http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/abortion/AN00633
- ↑ http://www.abortionincanada.ca/health/physical_effects.html
- ↑ By age 30 a woman's fertility has fallen by nearly 40%,
- ↑ http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080311/ap_on_he_me/teen_stds
- ↑ "Chlamydia is a common sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by the bacterium, Chlamydia trachomatis, which can damage a woman's reproductive organs. Even though symptoms of chlamydia are usually mild or absent, serious complications that cause irreversible damage, including infertility, can occur 'silently' before a woman ever recognizes a problem." 
- ↑ http://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/myths/abortion_cancer.html
- ↑ http://www.lifeissues.org/AbortionBreastcancer/minorityreport.html
- ↑ Harvard abortion study (describing the sharp increase and also noting deceptive aspects of the reporting on the study)
- ↑ http://www.jpands.org/vol10no1/aschlafly.pdf (p. 12)
- ↑ Dr. Joel Brind observed that "The Lancet article excluded data from 15 published studies that demonstrated an average 80 percent increased risk of breast cancer in women who had had an abortion." 
- ↑ "Compared with women who gave birth before the age of 22, those who had their first child in their thirties were 63 per cent more likely to develop breast cancer before the menopause, and 35 per cent more likely to develop the disease afterwards." Why? New Scientist reported that "Changes to breast cells in the third trimester of pregnancy are thought to protect the breasts from cancer." 
- ↑ For example, Wikipedia deceptively misstates the conclusion of the Lancet article (Beral et al.) by falsely claiming that it "concluded that abortion does 'not increase a woman's risk of developing breast cancer.'"  The Lancet article made no such conclusion about a decision to have an abortion, which does increase the woman's risk of breast cancer; rather, the Lancet article limited its conclusion to a claim about the overall effect of a pregnancy that terminates early.
- ↑ http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11164849/
- ↑ http://www.truthout.org/issues_06/091107WA.shtml
- ↑ http://www.lifeissues.org/pp/index.html
- ↑ http://www.religioustolerance.org/abopoll6.htm
- ↑ http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/290/13/1777?etoc
|This page uses content from Conservapedia. The original article was at Abortion deceit. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. Conservapedia grants a non-exclusive license for you to use any of its content (other than images) on this site, with or without attribution. Read more about Conservapedia copyrights.|