Abihail may refer to one of five different people mentioned in the Bible:
- Abihail the Levite lived during the time of the wandering of the Israelites in the wilderness. He was the head of the house of Merari and Levi's youngest son. (Numbers 3:35)
- Abihail was the wife of Abishur of the tribe of Judah. (I Chronicles 2:29)
- Abihail, from Gilead of Bashan, was head of the tribe of Gad. (I Chronicles 5:14)
- Abihail was the daughter of David's brother Eliab. She was married to David's son Jerimoth and became mother of Rehoboam's wife Mahalath. (II Chronicles 11:18)
- Abihail was the father of Queen Esther and uncle of Mordecai. (Esther 2:15; Esther 9:29)
- "Abihail", International Standard Bible Encyclopedia.
This entry incorporates text from the public domain Easton's Bible Dictionary, originally published in 1897.
|This article related to the Hebrew Bible is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|