Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Abdi (also spelled Abidi) as a surname refers to the descendants of Imam Zain-ul-Abidin (A.S.) ibne Hussain (A.S.) ibne Ali (A.S.) ibne Abu Talib (A.S.).
Abdi is part of a Muslim name and means "servant". Abdi or Abdul is always followed by one of the 99 names of Allah, signifying "servant of God". Each of the 99 names of Allah or God are adjectives describing Him. For example, Abdi-Fatah would mean the "Servant of the Opener".
Abdi is also the name of three men in the Hebrew Bible:
- In Levite of the family of Merari. Abdi is a
- In Levite in the time of King Hezekiah of Judah. This may be the same man as in 1 Chronicles 6:44. Abdi is a
- In Ezra 10:26 Abdi is the son of Elam, and one of a long list of men who had married foreign wives, and who then sent them away together with their children.
Abdi, as a surname, may also refer to:
- Abbas Abdi (born c.1956), Iranian politician
- Abdi Sheik Abdi (born 1942), Somali author
- Akbar Abdi (born 1960), Iranian actor and comedian
- Almen Abdi (born 1986), Swiss footballer
- Bahador Abdi (born 1984), Iranian footballer
- Dekha Ibrahim Abdi, Kenyan peace practitioner based
- Youcef Abdi (born 1977), Australian runner
- Abdi Behravanfar (born 1975), Iranian Singer-songwriter