Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| This article does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (December 2008)
|Millennia:||6th millennium · 7th millennium · 8th millennium|
|Centuries:||61st century · 62nd century · 63rd century · 64th century · 65th century · 66th century · 67th century · 68th century · 69th century · 70th century|
The 7th millennium is a period of time that will begin on January 1, 6001, and will end on December 31, 7000.
These are astronomical dates, so they are given in the astronomical format of Year Month Day, which allows them to be ordered.
- 6212 November 7: Mercury occults Regulus.
- 6587 September 9: Venus occults Regulus.
- 6727 August 25: Mars occults Regulus the first time since June 28, 17,619 BC.
- 6757 July 5: There is anticipated to be a simultaneous solar eclipse and transit of Mercury, the first such simultaneous eclipse and planetary transit in recorded history.
- 6947 October 9: Mercury occults Regulus.
- The events of the video game series Xenosaga take place sometime in the early 6000s. Due to the vagueness of the times given in Episode 1 of the series ('20xx' followed by '4000 years in the future'), it is possible the events cross over into the 62nd century. Contrary to this, the dates given in Xenogears Perfect Works would place Xenosaga's events in the year 7277. It should be noted that the Xenogears timeline does not apply to the Xenosaga timeline. At one time the two story arcs were believed to exist in the same fictional universe as many of those involved with the design and development of Xenogears continued to work on Xenosaga. However it has been stated on several occasions that the two universes are not directly related it any way.
- In Doctor Who, the Doctor's daughter Jenny was born on July 24, 6012 in the 61st Century on the planet Messaline.
- Flash Rogues Gallery member Abra Kadabra originally came from the 64th Century, according to his first comics appearance in February 1962.
- The year 6009 will be the first year since 1961 in which its rendering using the Hindu-Arabic numeral system will create a numeral which can be inverted, rendering the same numeral; this works in many sans-serif fonts, much handwriting, and in the standard Seven-segment display of electronic devices.
- In the year 6939, the Westinghouse Time Capsules from the years 1939 and 1964 are scheduled to be opened after 5000 years.
- The Age of Capricorn will end its 2000-year reign.
- 6025 was the stage name of former Dead Kennedys songwriter and rhythm guitarist, Carlos Cadona.
- By 7000 AD, Venus could feasibly have been terraformed, according to Martyn J Fogg in Terraforming: Engineering Planetary Environments.