The 7th century BC consists of the years 700-601 BC.
- 623 BC. Reform of Josiah: Hilkiah the priest discovers in the Temple a missing Torah scroll that many scholars believe was Deuteronomy. (2 Kings 22-23; 2 Chronicles 34-35). According to the Documentary hypothesis, this is when the Deuteronomic History (Deuteronomy-2 Kings) was written.
- 612 BC Sinsharishkun, King of Assyria, dies in Battle with Babylonia. Destruction of Nineveh by Babylonian forces, as predicted by the prophet Nahum.
- 609 BC.King Josiah of Judah dies in the Battle of Megiddo against Pharaoh Necho II of Egypt, who is on his way north to aid the rump Assyrian state of Ashur-uballit II.
- 609 BC, Babylonia defeats Assyria.
Kings of JudahEdit
- Hezekiah, 716 BC-687 BC
- Manasseh of Judah, 687 BC-643 BC
- Amon of Judah, 643 BC-641 BC
- Josiah, 641 BC-609 BC
- Jehoahaz of Judah, 609 BC
- Jehoiakim, 609 BC-598 BC
- Joel, c. 835 BC-796 BC (oldest date) or 775 BC-725 BC (middle date).
- Nahum, c. 700 BC
- Zephaniah, c. 630 BC
- Jeremiah, 628 BC - 586 BC
- Habbakuk, c. 605 BC
- Kings: E. R. Thiele, The Mysterious Numbers of the Hebrew Kings.
- Prophets: Wikipedia, 1 & 2 Kings
|Biblical Timeline (By Centuries)|
|Before Christ (B.C.)|
| The Beginning |
40th BC | 39th BC | 38th BC | 37th BC | 36th BC | 35th BC | 34th BC | 33rd BC
32nd BC | 31st BC | 30th BC | 29th BC | 28th BC| 27th BC | 26th BC | 25th BC
24th BC| 23rd BC | 22nd BC| 21st BC | 20th BC | 19th BC | 18th BC | 17th BC
16th BC | 15th BC | 14th BC| 13th BC| 12th BC| 11th BC | 10th BC | 9th BC
8th BC| 7th BC| 6th BC| 5th BC| 4th BC| 3rd BC| 2nd BC| 1st BC
|Anno Domini (A.D.)|
| 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th |
16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | End times