Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
1. When one has attained the first jhana, speech has been calmed.
2. When one has attained the second jhana, directed thought and evaluation have been calmed.
3. When one has attained the third jhana, rapture has been calmed.
4. When one has attained the fourth jhana, in-and-out breathing has been calmed.
5. When one has attained the cessation of perception and feeling, perception and feeling have been calmed.
6. When a monk's effluents have ended, passion has been calmed, aversion has been calmed, delusion has been calmed.
(from Samyutta Nikaya 36.11)