Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Five types of sexual relations which involve sexual misconduct:
1. Anyone under the guardianship of their parents, i.e. under-aged
2. Protected by Dhamma, monks, nuns or those who have taken a vow of celibacy
3. Anyone married to someone else, i.e. adultery
4. Anyone undergoing punishment, i.e. prisoners
5. Anyone who is engaged to be married to someone else
Anguttara Nikaya V. 264
(As is typical of the Buddha’s teachings, they are timeless as note that the main point of the above is to only have sexual relations when the time is right and where there is honesty. There is no rule against sexual relations between same sex couples and also no rule against singles if they are mature and independent.)