Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Five substitutes for the five hindrances:
1. Sense desire & lust (kama-chanda) should be substituted with attention on disgusting aspects.
2. Anger and ill-will (vyapada) should be substituted with infinite and universal friendliness.
3. Lethargy and laziness (thina-middha) should be substituted with enthusiastic energy.
4. Restlessness and regret (uddhacca-kukkucca) should be substituted with calm tranquillity.
5. Skeptical doubt and uncertainty (vici-kiccha) should be substituted with curious examination.