The 15th century BC consists of the years 1500-1401 BC.
- Egyptians enslave the Israelites
- c. 1490 BC. Birth of Joshua
- c. 1487 BC. Moses flees Egypt for the desert, after killing an Egyptian taskmaster who was beating an Israelite slave.
- c. 1440 BC. The Exodus, traditional date (based on I Ki. 6:1, the exodus occured 480 years before Solomon's temple.) This is also the earliest reference to the Habiru (=Hebrews?) in Egyptian texts. The Pharoah at the time was Thutmose III. However, this may be a misreading of the timeframe given as many Hebrew letters look somewhat similar (Dalet and Resh for example).
- 1400 BC Death of Moses; Joshua becomes leader of the Israelites.
Leaders of the Israelites
|Biblical Timeline (By Centuries)|
|Before Christ (B.C.)|
| The Beginning |
40th BC | 39th BC | 38th BC | 37th BC | 36th BC | 35th BC | 34th BC | 33rd BC
32nd BC | 31st BC | 30th BC | 29th BC | 28th BC| 27th BC | 26th BC | 25th BC
24th BC| 23rd BC | 22nd BC| 21st BC | 20th BC | 19th BC | 18th BC | 17th BC
16th BC | 15th BC | 14th BC| 13th BC| 12th BC| 11th BC | 10th BC | 9th BC
8th BC| 7th BC| 6th BC| 5th BC| 4th BC| 3rd BC| 2nd BC| 1st BC
|Anno Domini (A.D.)|
| 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th |
16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | End times