Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The 12th century consists of the years 1101-1200 AD.
- 1123. First Lateran Council, establishes the relative rights of the Catholic Church and those of the Holy Roman Emperors regarding the investature of bishops.
- 1149. Second Lateran Council. Affirms First Latern Council; declares Clerical marriages to be invalid; regulates clerical dress regulated. Attacks on clerics are to be punished by excommunication.
- 1147-1149. Pope Eugene III launches the Second Crusade
- 1179. Third Lateran Council. Limits papal electees to the cardinals alone, condens simony, and forbids the promotion of anyone to the episcopate before the age of thirty.
- 1189-1192. Pope Gregory VIII calls the Third Crusade to reconquer the Holy Land from the Muslim leader Saladin.
Births and deaths
|Biblical Timeline (By Centuries)|
|Before Christ (B.C.)|
| The Beginning |
40th BC | 39th BC | 38th BC | 37th BC | 36th BC | 35th BC | 34th BC | 33rd BC
32nd BC | 31st BC | 30th BC | 29th BC | 28th BC| 27th BC | 26th BC | 25th BC
24th BC| 23rd BC | 22nd BC| 21st BC | 20th BC | 19th BC | 18th BC | 17th BC
16th BC | 15th BC | 14th BC| 13th BC| 12th BC| 11th BC | 10th BC | 9th BC
8th BC| 7th BC| 6th BC| 5th BC| 4th BC| 3rd BC| 2nd BC| 1st BC
|Anno Domini (A.D.)|
| 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th |
16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | End times