Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ten thorns to wholesome delights:
1. Pleasure in society is a thorn to delight in seclusion
2. The mark of the fair is a thorn to delight in concentration on the foul
3. Pleasure in shows is a thorn to one guarding the sense-doors
4. Pleasure with consorting with women/men is a thorn to the Brahma-life
5. Sound is a thorn to attaining the first jhana
6. Thought directed and sustained is a thorn to the second jhana
7. Zest is a thorn to the third jhana
8. In-and-out breathing is a thorn to the fourth jhana
9. Awareness and feeling are a thorn to the attainment of the ending of awareness and feeling
10. Lust, malice, and delusion are thorns to Nibbana